Tuesday, November 16, 2010

A Glimpse Of Poetry

Bob Scotney won this weekend´s contest.He is good at guessing famous persons.You should check out his well written blog which is called Bob´s Home For Writing.

The right answer this  time was Robert Burns, a famous poet from the past.As you know I am writing poetry from time to time and have been published in anthologies as well.To show my interest for this poet I would want to recommend you to study his poems and find the deep breath in them.

Right now I am wondering how to continue with the group on FB, if we should convert this to a more obvious opportunity, a membership site where bloggers would be able to participate both with sharing their blogposts but also articles and by having poetry contests, for example.If you have good, creative ideas on this, let me know.I will listen and then decide what to do.

Here, a You Tube video with Ted Kooser.

4 comments:

Marie @ Sally Lee by the Sea said...

Bob is so very talented!! I have numerous ideas regarding a blog and I'll email you in the next few days.

Regards,
Marie

Paul S said...

Firstly well done Bob.
Secondly, the Facebook group, you've done a marvellous job with the group in getting over 1000 members Matthias,I think the problem is retaining these people and getting them to contribute to the group.
At the moment I've noticed a lot of bloggers seem to visit once,post a link to their blog and never visit again, so I'll be interested to hear your ideas for the future.
Keep up the good work.

Mattias Kroon said...

Thanks Marie!

Yes, Bob has an exciting blog.It sounds exciting and I am curious:)

Mattias Kroon said...

True Paul!

I do what I can to keep them posting and this is the great challenge.The ideas I am running now with the contest, motivating messages to the members are aimed to keep the activities going.But I know there are a lot of bloggers who are active on other sites and networks as well.As a reminder, this is a teamwork and we all have to contribute to make it roll.I will listen to good ideas:)